Atul Dogra is Semiconductor Industry veteran since last 20+ years. He is B.Tech from Delhi Institute of Technology, Delhi in Controls & Instrumentation Engineering. His work span covers VLSI Design, CAD Flows and Methodology, Foundry certification and Flow automation. Working with Motorola, Freescale and Mentor Graphics, he has hands-on experience across complete Hardware design tasks like IP/SoC physical design, Chip Design/Implementation & Signoff flows. He has special interest in innovating/driving Signoff methodologies and flow tasks (like TA, Low Power checks, Crosstalk effects, Signal Electromigration checks, Design for Manufacturing/Yield checks, Lithrography checks etc.). He nurtured a team of experts covering various aspects of Full RTL2GDSII flows and SoC Design at Freescale Noida Office. He has authored/reviewed multiple papers related to Chip Design flows and holds a patent and trade secret award.
Here is the summary of the key projects completed by him.
- Chip Design driving from Planning to Sign-off implementation including LVS/DRC
- Physical Design of numerous IPs
- Experience in Top Level Chip Budgeting and Chip assembly flowExpertise in all Unix scripting language
- Innovated/Driven various new Methodologies and their introduction in RTL2GDSII flow
- Ownership/Creation of Flow automation kits for Floorplanning and Signal Integrity
- Lead Signal Integrity Flows world-wide across Freescale
- Lead Parasitic Extraction Flows world-wide across Freescale
- Managed Design for Manufacturing methodology team for Freescale, India
- Managed Testchip design team responsible for driving Test vehicles for upcoming technologies for Freescale, India
- Managed Product Engineering group IC design at Mentor Graphics, India
- Expertise in all Unix scripting language